Monday, November 06, 2006

Showers of blessings!

Thru'out my postings since I began this blog back at the end of March, I've made mention to the San Antonio weather of this year of '06, which has been extra hot and in the midst of a drought.

With pleasurey I report that the drought has ended! In September the official rainfall for S.A. was ABOVE the average for the month. Last time a month had surplus rainfall was March of A.D. 2005! We had suffered a year and a half of months with precipitations way below average. All too many months didn't even have an inch of precipitation!

October didn't quite make average rainfall. But it was close! And combine this with the surplus in September and one has two straight months of adequate rainfall for our area.

Thank you, Lord, for the rain showers!

Speaking of which, Sunday (yesterday) I experienced showers of another soft: spiritual "showers of blessing"! In the morning, at Mexican Christian Church (Disciples) Andrew Villarreal preached, and I hadn't seen him in awhile. (His last time to preach was the Sunday I was involved in Walk to Emmaus #1327.) We had an intense prayer time, as he invited everyone present to circle-up around the communion table and share blessings and prayer requests. And then he preached on the great value of having faith in God, who is faithful.

That evening I attended the "Near God" alternative worship at St. Andrew's United Methodist Church. This church is within walking distance, but a rather long walk, so I usually ride bus part of that distance. As I approached the nearest bus stop to catch the bus, a car honked at me. It was Fred, who also attends and often gives me a ride home after "Near God".

This being the Sunday following All Saints Day, Bro. Brad DeHaven preached about the saints and their significance for us contemporary Christians. His Scripture was various verses from the Eleventh Chapter of the Letter to the Hebrews. This chapter is often called the "Heroes of the Faith Galelry" because the writer names several examples of men and women of the Old testament who displayed outstanding faith in God.

To sum it up, both worship services showered tremendous blessings, at least on me. And I left each in a spirit of renewal of deep faith and a sense of almost overwhelming joy that I know our Savior and our Daddy God so intimately!

Praised be the Lord!

No comments: