Friday, March 31, 2006

"I am blessed"

In my introductory blog-posting, I used the word "blessed", in reference to San Antonio. However, that signifies more than what may be evident if you just leave it in association with what I was saying about this city.

"Blessed"? If you think usage of this word means I'm spiritual, you're correct. Much, much more important in my life than San Antonio, my original home state of Idaho (remember, I'm "Spud"), or ANYTHING else in my life, is my relationship with God our Abba, thru Christ Jesus (God's Son & our Savior).

Yes, I am a Christian. I believe that Jesus of Nazareth was and IS the Christ, the Son of the eternallly living God and I take Him as my personal Savior.

For those who may not know, what I hi-lited in the last sentence is what the fish with the Greek letters I-CH-TH-U-S signify. And I'd gladly display the Fish and/or those Greek letters -- even tho' they frighten such unbelievers as Frank Zappa. He's notorious for having declared that folk with the Ichthus Fish displayed on their vehicles are "Dangerous!"

To this fallen world, yes, Christ Jesus and His disciples ARE DANGEROUS. He, and we, stand in opposition to the arrogant, self-indulgent, don't give-a-durn attitude that permeates today's culture. This world hasn't long to last, before it destroys itself -- except that Christ will return just before the final self-destruction, to rescue all those who trust in Him!

Well, that's a sufficient statement of my faith for now. If you can basically agree with what I've said, then I say, "Howdy, Brother or Sister in Christ! Ain't God good???"

If you, dear reader, are not yet a believer, I urge you to give Jesus a try! The Nazarene died to demonstrate the boundless love of Abba ("Daddy" in the Aramaic tongue Jesus spoke) -- for you and for me. because God loves you unconditionally, I too love you in Him, whoever you are. I testify that Abba has NEVER let me down, even in those times when I might ahve tho't Daddy God had abandoned me. No, we are not alone!

"Blessed". . . there IS a San Antonio element to this. You see, S.A. is one of the few major cities in these United States (perhaps it's the ONLY one) which began as a mission station! On 1 May of A.D. 1718 Franciscan missionaries founded Mission San Antonio de Valero here, to bring the Good News of Christ to the indigenous tribes of South Texas, named the "Coahuiltecans". Oh yes, the Spaniards also had the objective of transforming these hunter-gatherer Coahuiltecans into settled and civilized citizens of the Spanish Empire. But I've read sus cartas y relaciones (their letters and reports), and I have no doubt that the spiritual conversion was TOP PRIORITY among these Franciscans!

So-o-o. . . I'm doubly blessed by the Lord, as I sojourn here in S.A., the Alamo City ("Alamo" being the later name given that first mission). Praise God! Aleluya!

No comments: